Hi Tim,

On 17.03.22 17:54, Tim Wawrzynczak wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 10:35 AM Nico Huber <nic...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> I'm sorry if this affects your work, but we have very bad experience
>> with unnecessary code changes by CrOS developers. Currently `sb600spi`
>> (the equivalent to `ichspi` for AMD platforms) is broken since months
>> and only CrOS developers could clarify why the code was changed as it
>> was. We need to prevent that this happens to `ichspi` too, right?
>>
>> Nico
>>

> We are certainly not intending to break ichspi or make it worse, we are
> trying to make it better

I always assume that's the case for everybody :)

Still, sometimes things break and we know already that things can
break even due to unnecessary refactorings. And saying the reason
for a change is to align with a project with lower quality require-
ments seems kind of odd, doesn't it?

And when reviewers are busy with refactorings instead of attending
the changes they already merged, that feels very wrong :-/

>, perhaps we were a little
> hasty in trying to get through solutions that were not perhaps the root of
> the problem, but were discovered along the way.
>
> We are also working with Intel to get some documentation out about the
> expected behaviors with regard to the
> multi-master scenarios, hopefully that will help clarify things some in
> this regard.

If the timeout is the only issue, the hardware works as expected.
Stating an expected timeout in the datasheets would have avoided the
problem of course :)

Nico