Am 24.07.23 um 15:23 schrieb Anastasia Klimchuk:
I see. I think commit message to the patch gives an answer to your
question, I will copy commit message here just in case you maybe
missed it:

For now link to coreboot's one, in the absence of our own.

Thanks for quoting the commit message. I fundamentally disagree with the
"in absence of our own" statement. We have the friendliness document
which serves as a sort of Code of Conduct.

It is always possible to create our own later, if desired,
but meanwhile we can share code of conduct with coreboot. We
do have the same servers and infrastructure anyway.

It can take some time to produce our own code of conduct, and yes now
we have 3 threads on the mailing list, and maybe we'll have even more.
Meanwhile, between today and the time we finish our code of conduct,
we can use coreboot's one.

Why would we use coreboot's code of conduct as interim solution?
You are proposing to establish a new foreign rule immediately (quoting
your mail: "today"), and only then discussing what our own rules should be.
This is not a pandemic where we need emergency rules now, and a
democratic process later. While a FOSS project usually is not a
democracy, we should at least try to have an adequate discussion in a
medium with a low barrier to entry (which gerrit is not). That process
should also consider that people currently on vacation (holiday season
in the northern hemisphere right now) or busy with other stuff may need
enough time to react.

There is no demolition, if you look at the patch it adds a new page
and does not remove anything.

Let me recap from my point of view:
1. Old website gets moved to wiki.flashrom.org, new website has new
contents without the existing and active behavioural guidelines. New
website has no links to old website and old (moved) website is not
findable in Google (checked right now). As such, the old content has
essentially disappeared / been removed from visibility. You write "there
is no demolition".
2. Old content has been removed from view. You propose adding new
content with similar scope. For me, those two actions are semantically
related. You write "the patch it adds a new page and does not remove
anything".

I think you are sincere and have the desire to help the project
flourish. Yet, I experience strong cognitive dissonance when matching
your surely positive intentions with your actions. Please help me
understand you.

Also as I said we now have 3 threads on
the mailing list.

Because I started them. I would have expected you as a project leader to
start those mailing list threads with a subject including "code of
conduct" or similar.

So... I am not entirely sure whether your reference
applies. But now I know what your favorite book is :)

Also for anyone who is reading this post and is interested to click
the link: here it is, welcome!
https://review.coreboot.org/c/flashrom/+/76455

As stated before, I think the gerrit code review platform is the wrong
place to discuss non-code policy.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel