> On May 6, 2018, at 10:51 PM, Pete Heist <p...@eventide.io> wrote:
>>
>> Ah, so this is a wired connection? And you are only targeting a
>> particular setup?
>
> The backhaul is a mixture of wired and wireless links, each with an ALIX or
> APU router. A 5 GHz wireless node might contain:
>
> NanoStation M5   <—Ethernet—>   APU   <—Ethernet—>   NanoStation M5

BTW, I know the perils of soft rate limiting for WiFi connections, but there’s
no other practical option here (I don’t think they’ll want to run LEDE on their
UBNT hardware), and that’s the way it’s been working for years before I saw it.
:)

I see a rate limit of 80 Mbit set on a point-to-point connection between two
NSM5s, for example, whose real-world throughput might be 90Mbit. It wouldn’t
surprise me if the queue is sometimes lost...