> On May 6, 2018, at 9:17 PM, Sebastian Moeller <moell...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> you could also try different packet sizes for you probes. The size ratio
> should give you an idea about the RTT difference explained by simple transit
> times and anything on top of that might be related to queueing. I am probably
> severely underestimating the scope of your question, but I believe that that
> also has the advantage that, unlike packet-tuples, will not be as sensitive
> to bonded path segments (which probably do not exist in your environment in
> the first place).

I was also considering adding the option to irtt for different packet sizes in
each cluster. I’d have to change the IPDV calculation to only calculate it for
like-sized packets, which is possible.

I see how using the RTTs for different packet lengths might help estimate the
transmission time, but not how I could use that to differentiate between
channel contention and queueing delays(?) Maybe I see what you’re saying, that
in addition to varying the DSCP value, I can also vary length to estimate the
transmission time, and subtract that from the estimate I get for “contention”
to have a better approximation of how much contention time there is, which
sounds like a good idea... :)

I don’t know of any bonded segments in this case…