On 30/03/2023 00.10, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
I fell like I am getting more gray hairs by the hours. 🤕 I cannot
figure out why this happens.

The burst test seems to run. Flent never "completes". Resulting in no
data output. :|
It's crashing in the parsing step, leading to a hang; this is visible on
stdout, so I guess your runner script hides that?

True. Switched to using systemd timers instead of crontab, saving logs from stdout/stderr going forwards. 💾 Had not initially thought about logging the output from the wrapper script. 🤦

$ ./run-flent bursts -l 10
Starting Flent 2.1.1+git.6959463f using Python 3.10.10.
Starting bursts test. Expected run time: 10 seconds.
Exception in thread Thread-8 (_handle_results):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python3.10/threading.py", line 1016, in _bootstrap_inner
     self.run()
   File "/usr/lib/python3.10/threading.py", line 953, in run
     self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.10/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 595, in
_handle_results
     cache[job]._set(i, obj)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.10/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 779, in _set
     self._callback(self._value)
   File "/home/alrua/source/flent/flent/runners.py", line 625, in recv_result
     result, raw_values, metadata = res
TypeError: cannot unpack non-iterable NoneType object

Should be fixed in the latest master, please try that.

Installed the upgrade. 🤞

Also, BTW, not sure what your wrapper script does, but Flent has a
built-in batch run facility which may be helpful for such multi-run
tests...

I wrote the wrapper script, due to not knowing about flent's batch capabilities initially. 🙄 Will look into the built-in batch capabilities instead of a wrapper script.

-ch