On 29/03/2023 12.10, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
to run. Resulting in the node generating traffic for the full pipe for
hours on end. My observation is the test does not terminate for unknown
reasons.
Hmm, did you pull the latest version of traffic-gen? The version on
github had a bug where it would just go into an infinite loop and never
exit (and not produce any traffic either). Fixed that yesterday, so make
sure you pull the fixed version...

Hmm. Good question

# ls -la traffic-gen -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 22832 Mar 28 20:04 traffic-gen

I did compile the binary yesterday afternoon. So I can only assume it contains the tree commits from yesterday.

# git log --oneline
b316813 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD) Use getrandom() instead of
rand()/srand()
eedf705 Fix infinite loop in scheduling logic
5c1007e Support setting the TOS byte on transmitted packets.

(The application is missing the option for outputting a version number or git hash using e.g. -v, -V, or --version)

and not produce any traffic either

It did produce *lots* of traffic. Had to terminate flent process to terminate the child traffic-gen processes. Attached is the graph of the network traffic levels (in MB/s) as reported by Proxmox.

-Chriztoffer