I am not sure if this is a Flex bug or just the wrong approach.

I have two datagrids that have drag-drop enabled. I followed the drag
and drop example from Macromedia (Flex Explorer)

When I "hit" the doDragDrop function, instead of simply adding the
items to the grid, I also want to add them to a global array named
TestArray.

I assign the items to the array and I can browse the contents of the
array during my debugging process. However, the length of the array
and the length of the datagrid dataProvider is set to 0! Althought
there are items inside the grid.

Why does this happen? Is it because the array is un-accessible in the
scope of the event?

PLEASE HELP

Alex