I'm not aware of the tech note you mention (but someone else on this may
be!), but as you allude to, it's not so much an issue with verity, it's an
issue of having ColdFusion's flashgateway.jar added to the top level
jvm.config classpath. If by adding support for verity you lump the entire
/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib into the top level jvm.config classpath, then this is
not advisable if you also want to have Flex and CF on the same JRun server
as flashgateway.jar also resides in this directory.

Of the three options you outline, the last one is the most desirable, but we
would need to know why they suggested adding verity support libraries to the
top level jvm.config classpath to address this.

The next easiest solution is to go with your second option. To do this I
think you could move the cf-specific gateway to somewhere like this:

/WEB-INF/cfusion/amflib

Then all we need to ensure is that the CF bootstrap classloader can find the
gateway servlet class in this new location. I'd try updating the
cf.class.path setting in /WEB-INF/web.xml:

<context-param id="macromedia_context_88">
<param-name>cf.class.path</param-name>

<param-value>./WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/cfusion.jar,./WEB-INF/cfusion/amflib/flas
hgateway.jar</param-value>
</context-param>

I apologize that I haven't tried this out. I'm not from the CF team and I
use ColdFusion on a day-to-day basis. If this doesn't work then we'd need to
get more information from the CF team.

Pete