So, got a few questions regarding how Flex does things. I've looked
around and can't quite get a clear answer so if you MM Engineers feel
like spending 2 mins here on this thread, i thankyou ;)

- Destroy/Create. In terms of doing this, in a cycle of approx 4000
components that over say a period of 2 hours, i
createChild/destroyChild will that do so in a memory effecient way
(not bandwidth). In that does flash player/flex server keep asking for
more memory every time i createChild? aswell as free that memory
(eventually) when i destroy that child.

- createChild and creationPolicy. If I use createChild to instantiate
a mxml component, and inside that component I have a creationPolicy
attribute set, will the createChild take that on board - meaning if i
have it set to queued or what not, will it "inherit" that setting?

- createChild and RSL. Same as above but if i createChild a declared
RSL, is it possible that it will do so in the same way but without a
download every time? (ie i take it createObject method attaches movie
but double checking to make sure it doesn't ask for a new download
each time).

- viewStacks and createChild. I typically want to create a viewStack
at runtime / or embed and  if the viewstack container as
creationPolicy set, when i use createChild (without specifiying one) i
take it that setting carries forward.

- mx:Model/XML if i place that inside a MXML component, on compile
time, does FLEX embed that said file inside the swf or does it request
it be download once base assets have been initialized (I'm a bit
sketchy on this part). I'm sure its a RTFM situation but I must be
missing where that part is stated heh :)

Just thought I would confirm / ask some theories going around inside
the ol noggin in regards the whole creation of objects as if these
come up as i expect they will, it will be a nice step forward for my
framework.

I basically plan to create/destroy whole screens (not all at once but
partially on/off) situation as a user migrates through our entire FLEX
intranet and because its going to look and smell like a thick-ware
application, a user may end up keeping a browser window open for hours
often even a week solid - now if they flip in and out of screens daily
i'm concerned that memory may be deciding factor.

Of course its my job to follow best practices (minimize tag nestings,
make sure i dereference vars for GC to mark as not needed and what
not) - but I am also relying on the inner-framework to do this aswell
and need to be aware of anything thats not sooner rather then later.

thanks for your help ;)

--
Regards,
Scott Barnes