Wow, Hans, I couldn’t have said it better.

We really do hear you. We really are trying to make the absolute best Flex development platform possible. And focus is the whole way we are getting there. The passion in this thread has served to underscore the desirability of Flex, and for that, we truly thank you. We will continue to guide Flex development and evolution so it remains every bit as desirable during every step of its evolution. Our care in its evolution will guarantee a good experience for everyone who gets involved.

Thank you

Lucian

From: Simon Fifield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 9:50 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Flex 1.5 price

Good point Robert.

Regards,

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Stuttaford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 01 April 2005 18:46
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com

Simon,

It is possible, currently, to use Flex with FlashORB for remoting. Apart from the license, it’s perfectly capable of being a standalone product… mxmlc.exe is the compiler, I imagine a simple GUI for that would be all one would need.

Technically sensible, but I think Macromedia want to regain some of their investment and let the current incarnation mature somewhat. As Hans mentions below, I’m sure Macromedia are aware that Flex could provide massive benefit outside of their current focus.

We’ll see, I guess J

Robert