From: carmhuntress [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:57 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] getting text out of swf in flex

Hi, I am trying to get a better understanding of how swf files work in
flex and I have a little swf file that contains a textinput field with
some text in it.  I want to hit a button and the text contained in
that swf textinput field shows up in the textinput field in my flex
application.

Here is my fuction:
function foo() {
flextext.text = text1.text;
}
where flextest is the id of a textinput box in Flex and text1 refers
to the text box in the swf file

Now, here is the problem, flex tells me that there is no property with
the name "text1".  Of course there is, but it is in my swf file?

Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks.