I don't have a perfect solution yet, but the DataGrid is getting clipped
by the Application container, which extends Box.  You can set a
width="700" on your Positions.mxml Application container and you will see
the whole DataGrid.  However, this may not be perfect since you might want
a percentage value there.  I think that I read something one that Loaded
apps default to around 400 wide.  I will try to get see if I can get a
non-hardcoded width working.

BTW: Is there a reason you are using Loader instead of just doing this:
<mx:TabNavigator id="tn" width="100%" height="100%">
  <Positions label="Positions" width="100%" height="100%" marginTop="8"
marginLeft="8"/>

-James