Well, you can always run MXMLC itself, because it's a Java program.  The
mxmlc command is roughly equivalent to java -jar
${FLEX_HOME}/lib/mxmlc.jar [args].

I note that running MXMLC is not exactly the same as the MXML
generation, because you have to pass in some args that pertain to the
runtime environment, in particular the AMF gateway URL.  It is also
slower because it doesn't do incremental compilation.

You could also probably accomplish the same thing by simply generating
an HTTP request for an .mxml file that you dynamically generate in the
doc root.