Hi all,

I've been reading about "connecting" flex client applications using
Flash Communication Server(FCS) and shared objects. Thats seems to cover
the needs for developing chat-like applications...
Now, imagine I have an external "Notification server" (yukon
notification server, or whatever) And I want FCS to listen
*persistently* to this server. With FCS and Remoting I know how to POLL
a database "1 time or every 10 seconds" and format that answer to feed
the FCS but HOW can I create a persistent link to a notification
server,socket server or similar, get the data this server is pushing,
format this data and pass it to the FCS?

So basically, I want to know how to replace POLLING with PERSISTENT
LISTENING.

Example application: A Flex application that shows the queue of  a call
center. When a new call arrives, it is shown in every client running the
application. And it is the call center notification server that tells
the FCS it has received the new call and NOT the FCS that polls the
queue of the notification server to see if there is any new call pending.

Thank you mates!

--
Alberto Albericio Salvador
Aura S.A. Seguros