On Aug 2, 2008, at 7:25 AM, profiles_arun wrote:

I have a tree, which has 21000 plus nodes, when i load the .swf file
in IE, it crashes. As such i dont get any error messages, so i
checked into widows application error log and found this error

"Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16674, faulting
module fldbg9f.ocx, version 9.0.124.0, fault address 0x00241305."

Your first problem is how much data you are loading into a tree. In my opinion, there is no reason to be doing that.

Second problem, IE 7. It's the absolute worst browser on the planet with CPU and memory management. Try this in Firefox. Although you might crash, it will probably take longer to crash (unless there's a bug in the debug flash player).

Below is the snippet of my impl. Please suggest a solution, to
overcome this issue.

Your solution to overcome the issue is as you already found - don't try to load that much information into a Tree.

cheers,

jon