Odd, Charles seems to state that the crossdomain is failing however its temporarily open to * and still not working. I have since also discovered that the company has previously had to add proxyserver and proxyport params to access http calls. So if remoting uses http then how the heck can you define these params within the remoting call and why would it be necessary from the hosted swf server?