On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 5:54 AM, grimmwerks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've got a class that gets a JSON object - and within this JSON object
> is a list of items.
>
> I'm trying to do what I think is very simple -- but I'm missing
> something -- being able to bind a tilelist to an array of this
> returned objects.items.
>
> I've tried manually parsing through these items and doing an
> addItem(return.items[i]) into an arraycollection - but this doesn't
> seem to be working at all.
>
> Any thoughts or examples please?

Get the as3corelib (http://code.google.com/p/as3corelib/) and do the following:

import com.adobe.serialization.json.JSON;

// get the results as JSON
var results:String = String(httpService.lastResult);

// decode them into an object
var obj:Object = JSON.decode(results);

// get the bindings as an array
var test:Array = obj.results.bindings as Array;

// create a collection that can be used by the data grid
var arrayColl:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection(test);

All the best,

Fidel.