Totally - but my friends uncle's brother-in-law's dad's cousin went
to one of those top secret Committee meetings once.. a few years
ago.. I'm pretty sure.  That's what HE said - I pretty much heard it
straight from the source... and saw it on the internet - and the
wealth of extremely reliable information in holds - cuz the internet
never lies.

On other terms - what about the fact that a license to run VS.NET
that'll actually get you enterprise level functionality is going to
run you about 3x what Flex Builder 3 will?  Doesn't that at least say
SOMETHING for Adobe?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Josh McDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> *shakes head*
>
> This has gone waaaaaay off-topic. Way to Go(dwin)
>
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Hahahahahahahah
> >
> > Silverlight is cross-platform?
> >
> > I don't think cross-platform means what you think it means.
> >
> > I tried tried to run some Silverlight apps on XP64 when I still
had a
> > Windoze box. It didn't work at all.
> >
> > I still have never seen a working Silverlight app.
> >
> > If it works that well on a Windoze platform I can only imagine
how well it
> > works on Macs and Linux.
> >
> > As for traction -- not sure if you noticed but Flash player is in
much
> > broader use then Windoze will ever be.
> >
> > You are right about the industry upgrading though. The kids are
wising up
> > and upgrading away from Microsuxor.
> >
> > Microsoft is all about standards. All about breaking them. It
even breaks
> > it's own 'standards'.
> >

> > As for being evil...
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bill+gates+eugenics
> >

> > Time will tell whether, God Forbid, the Svalbard Doomsday Seed
Bank of Bill
> > Gates and the Rockefeller Foundation is part of another Final
Solution, this
Earth.<http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7529>

> > Gates' connection with the pagan anti-Semitic Lucis (formerly
Lucifer)
> > Trust <http://www.rense.com/general72/GATES.HTM>
> >
> > If you disagree then tell me why all the conference rooms in the
Bill and
> > Melinda Gates Foundation are named after Eugenic Scientists.
> >
> > As for all of Bill's employees -- regardless of where they came
from --
> > they, and you (Scott), are now Satan's little helpers.
> >
> > *
> > *
> >
> > *Since 1954, meetings have been arranged at least once a year on
different
> > locations every time - very secret. The members are around 120
persons from
> > the high finance circles of Western Europe, the US and Canada.
Although the
> > meetings are very hidden and nothing, or very little leaks to the
> > international media (which is natural, as most of the Media
Moguls are
> > Bilderbergers; so much for free press), the independent news-
magazine
> > "Spotlight" has been able to report from the meetings. The
reporters have
> > successfully been able to hide listening devices in certain
areas, so some
> > of the information around the meetings can be exposed to the
public.*

> > *Invited are also political leaders from different countries.
Their
> > flight-tickets are paid by the Committee, and there is free food
and drinks
> > etc. The purpose of the group is a World Government by the year
2012 and a
> > global army through the UN. The take-over is partly planned to
involve
> > computers. Bill Gates, connected with the Illuminati and the
Director of
> > Microsoft, has a satanic lodge inside the huge Microsoft
Headquarter
> > building. *
> > http://www.nogw.com/illuminati.html
> >
> > *
> > For those who would argue that meetings such as Gates's summit or
the other
> > secret gatherings on the growing "star chamber" circuit amount to
little
> > more than a private ego trip for those who organize and attend
them, then
> > why all the secrecy? Why bar the press? Since public policy is
likely to be
> > addressed, and since elected officials are often included in such
meetings,
> > there's even merit in the argument that keeping such meetings
secret may
> > violate local, state and federal open meetings laws. The bottom
line: if
> > there's nothing to hide, why act like you're hiding so much?
> >
> > *http://www.mega.nu:8080/ampp/gates.html*
> > *
> >

> > Windoze Vista is patented
Spyware<http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forget-about-the-WGA-20-
Windows-Vista-Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-
58752.shtml>

> > *What we've gone through in the last several years has caused
some people
> > to question 'Can we trust Microsoft?'**
> >  -- Steve
Ballmer<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/steveballm127587.ht
ml>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/06782377480678564756>*

> > *
> > The Babylon man accepts all that he hears.
> > They walk with suspicion and walk with spears.
> > Government propaganda warps their mind,
> > They think the Rasta man should be confined.
> > Just because he lights a spark and takes a hit,
> > A man can go to jail just because he lit the spliff.
> > But it is because it can light the way to Zion.
> > They see it can take away pain and hate.
> > They must keep the power so suffering they create.
> > There'll be no power when we burn down Babylon.*
> >
> > *
> >
> > Horsemouth <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0908752/>: I-man serve
Selassie I
> > continually. No matter what the weak heart say. And I know that I
& I is
> > like a tree, plant by the river of water, and not even the dog
that piss
> > against the wall of Babylon shall escape this judgment. For I & I
know that
> > all of the youth shall witness the day that Babylon shall fall! *
> >

> > Scott Barnes wrote:
> >

> >    - Cross Platform
> >       - Silverlight is x-platform.
> >    - Much more traction and an established user base.
> >       - Depends on which brochure you want to read
(Adobe/Microsoft), but
> >       we've got approx 20,000 folks registered on Silverlight.NET
forums and
> >       there's approx 9,000+ here on this forum. Furthermore,
Adobe's entire
> >       development population is measured in thousands, where
as .NET folks are
> >       measured in millions. Given the industry is in what we'd
call an upgrade
> >       phase, it will be interesting to see how this pans out in
the near future
> >       and how the desktop vs web converge. We've not tapped into
how many folks
> >       are using the Dynamic Language Runtime and given projects
like the PHP
> >       community, may also swell the numbers further etc..(
> >       http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/01/Silverlight-PHP) we have
more
> >       plans to grow Silverlight beyond the .NET way of life, its
about standards
> >       and open source with us as well :) but hey, which brochure
you want to
> >       believe in is up to you.. no harm no foul.
> >    - Standard (client-side) libraries are allegedly a lot broader
in Flex
> >    than Silverlight.
> >       - Again, depends on who's brochure you want to believe.
We've got
> >       more third party vendors producing Silverlight/WPF related
controls today,
> >       and Codeplex.com has 98 Silverlight specific projects
available that we know
> >       of. WPF and Silverlight have the ability share and re-use
the same code base
> >       depending on specific features and so, this is kind of an
open debate with
> >       an unlikely definitive outcome in terms of a definition of
win.
> >    - Not evil.
> >       - Microsoft isn't evil, its just me :) .. Evil is a typical
term
> >       that at times is associated with the brand, but given half
the people I work
> >       with came from Apple/Adobe/Macromedia/IBM/Sun/Google? does
that make them
> >       evil as well in that when they handed in their identity
badges at companies
> >       like Macromedia/Adobe did they pass through some gate which
sprayed them
> >       with Evil? ..
> >    - Price.
> >       - Silverlight is Free as in beer, you can code in Visual
Studio
> >       Express for free today and produce Silverlight. We're also
seeing folks
> >       spin-up Eclipse like editors (eg:
> >       http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/09/03/lunar-
eclipse-open-source-silverlight-design-tool-for-linux)
> >       for Silverlight and there are more and more being developed
today (in fact
> >       I'm meeting with someone on Monday about his editor +
Silverlight and other
> >       languages)
> >
> > Adobe AIR's actual use in the mainstream is open for debate, but
we believe
> > with Silverlight and WPF we've got all areas covered. We're also
ensuring
> > Silverlight runtime works on the mobile in the future and at MIX
we joined
> > forces with Nokia to make this a reality. The same runtime will
work on the
> > desktop and device, and this means there will not be
a "Silverlight lite" vs
> > "Silverlight" (as we've heard from customers around the problems
of having
> > Flash lite vs Flash).
> >
> > HTH.
> >
> >  On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Josh McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >>    Well the benefits (assuming silverlight as the other option)
become:

> >> * Cross platform
> >> * Much more traction and an established user base
> >> * Standard (client-side) libraries are allegedly a lot broader
in Flex
> >> than Silverlight. Just repeating what I've heard here though, I
don't know
> >> for sure.
> >> * Not evil - IMHO of course, but this _is_ a Flex list ;-)
> >> * Don't quote me on this, but probably substantially cheaper
(for a
> >> commercial license) unless you already have VS
> >>
> >> I don't know what capabilities the Silverlight equivalent of AIR
has. But
> >> AIR apps will run on Mac Win and Linux, whereas Silverlight is
Mac / Win
> >> (client plugin) only, development is Win only. Also the AIR
equivalent may
> >> even be windows-clients only. Personally I avoid anything that
means I'm
> >> stuck with any one platform. I like choice, what if the next
Windows / OS X

<dznuts@><dznuts@>wrote:

> [...]
40yahoogroups.comYahoo!