From: piotrchruscielewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [flexcoders] How to copy each property of object A to B ?
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, August 22, 2008, 8:03 AM

            Hi

I`ve got one small question, that I still can`t resolve.

suppose we have class Person , and variables:

var p1:Person;

p1.name = 'John';

not we have some other reference to this object (for.ex. from other

part of program)

var p2:Person = p1;

If I`ll now make

p1.name = 'Steve'

of course p2.name will also be Steve - that`s clear.

But now we receive object p3:Person and we wan`t to 'copy' it on p1

object ( so that p1 will be the same as p3).

If we will make

 p1 = p3 ;

it will of course create reference and p2 object, and all other

references to p1 will remain unchanged.

The only way to change p1 DATA not REFERENCE is to do:

p1.name = p3.name

So now p2.name will be a new one

The question is - how can we copy each property VALUE of one object

to the other. If Person have a lot of properties - we need to write

each property.

Maybe we could make some loop like

 for each attribute in Person

   p1.['attribute' ] = p3.['attribute' ]