I don't know what they meant by "JRun hasnt had an update since like
2003".  There have been at least two updaters in the past year.

Tracy

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of chris.alvarado
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 12:02 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: application flow, logic question . . .

thanks everyone for the fantastic advice.

i must admit im absolutely in love with Flex already.

i think based on a gimped version of just one of the interfaces from
this app, the client is already pretty much sold on it.

im a bit confused about 1 point though. . .

server setup.

i understand that Flex sits on top of pretty much any J2EE server. I
know that JRun is the one mention Macromedia because Macromedia owns
it. however, i read this interesting post the other day from MXNA
talking about the fact that JRun hasnt had an update since like 2003
and that got me thinking we might be better off choosing a different
J2EE server. in that event which one do you all recommend?

in addition i know we will need CF installed on either that server or
another server for the remoting calls.

and then of course the DB server.

am i missing anything?

thanks again everyone, im really looking forward to a future with Flex!

On 7/9/05, Steven Webster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Chris,
>
>  I'd also recommend that you do a search in the docs for
"creationPolicy"
> and
>  read about deferred instantiation.  Try and forget everything you
know
> about
>  splitting a flash movie up into separate movies and loading them on
demand,
>  and relinquish that responsibility to Flex.  With clever use of
>  creationPolicy, you can allow Flex to defer the loading of your
application
>  with an appropriate policy.
>
>  Don't get me wrong, you may find there's a need ultimately to start
using
>  Loader controls to create and destroy your own views; but I'd always
>  recommend that you try and avoid this strategy until evident
performance
>  demands it.
>
>  Welcome to Flex ... there's no going back,
>
>  Steven
>
>  --
>  Steven Webster
>  Technical Director
>  iteration::two
>
>  This e-mail and any associated attachments transmitted with it may
contain
>  confidential information and must not be copied, or disclosed, or
used by
>  anyone other than the intended recipient(s). If you are not the
intended
>  recipient(s) please destroy this e-mail, and any copies of it,
immediately.

>  Please also note that while software systems have been used to try to
> ensure
>  that this e-mail has been swept for viruses, iteration::two do not
accept
>  responsibility for any damage or loss caused in respect of any
viruses
>  transmitted by the e-mail. Please ensure your own checks are carried
out
>  before any attachments are opened.

On

--