I know this thread is being expounded upon, but thought I'd address your
post directly.  I would question storing all your view states in a big phat
view stack and managing that via modellocator.  The idea is, at least how
I've been practicing it, is to use this viewstack that has its state managed
by the modellocator to manage the MAIN view state, and I'm not talking State
with a capital S here.  eg, login and main or something like login, module1,
module2, etc.  Each of these top level views represent the major view
sections in your app.  Each of these may have its own view stacks with
children having even more view stacks, however you need set it up.  These
main views would manage the state of each child stack, not the
modellocator.

DK

--
Douglas Knudsen