I agree with Paul from a technological basis, but there is a strong business
case for doing compilation on the fly and having the deliverable be a single
file.  People with lower technology aptitude/interest would consider a
single file better/simpler and may use that as a significant factor on what
to purchase.  This is why a lot of these types of products do deliver only
one file.  A lot also deliver multiple files, so it's by no means a cut and
dry case.  So if the product marketing allows for a multi-file
deliverable/output, then I would agree with Paul.  But sometimes your stuck
with what the market(ers) want.

- Daniel Freiman