When you do this in a MXML, I almost sure that it will be transformed
on a setStyle("itemRenderer", ...) in actionscript.

There is no other way of doing this on actionscript.

"To apply a renderer to a series in ActionScript, you use the
setStyle() method. In that method, you create a new ClassFactory and
pass the renderer to its constructor. Flex generates an instance of
this class to be the renderer. Be sure to import the appropriate
classes when using renderer classes."

But you gave me a solution - when I set the itemRenderer for one
serie, in fact I´m setting the itemRenderer for all items of this
serie. So, I can really get a reference using the serie´s items array,
like you said or, more especificaly, like this:

CustomItemRenderer(ColumnSeriesItem(ColumnSeries(chart.series[index]).items[index]).itemRenderer

That was easier than I thought it was.

Thanks for the "light" Tim!

Fernando Ghisi

--