Object is a different code path.  In XML, everything is strings and we have to
convert them to classes.  The key function is probably itemToIcon in ListBase.as

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Haykel
BEN JEMIA
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 2:06 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Icons are not displayed in menuItem

I think the problem is else where, because when I use an array of objects to
define the menu, the icons get displayed. I also displayed both menus at the
same time and only the one defined from the array of objects shows the icons,
so the icons are definitely in the document.

Here is the code I used:

public var myMenu2:Menu;
public var myMD:Array = [
          {label: "Edit", eventName: "copy", icon: imgeditClass} ,
          {label: "Delete", eventName: "delete", icon: imgdeleteClass}];

and in showMenufunction() :

myMenu2=Menu.createMenu(this, myMD,false);
myMenu2.show(400, 200);

Haykel

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Alex Harui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL