Alex:

How does this work against accessibility rules?

First, I am suggesting something that enhances flexibility while
leaving  the default behavior alone. Second, the current default
behavior irrespective of accessibility rules is counter intuitive.

Over time I have made two suggestions regarding how Flex should
behave, both of which would make Flex a substantially better product
and in both cases you shot them down because you "won't have time."
Neither of the suggestions are difficult to implement, and both would
provide more control for folks who want to make real business
applications.

The two suggestions are;

1) Fix the bug that causes dataGrid sorting to ralph on it's shoes
when a date or number column has a null value in a cell. In this case
I suggested that a "data type" be definable for colums in a dataGrid
and null's be handled predictably (either sort high or low).

2) Fix the bug where tabbing through objects is counter intuitive and
behaves irrationally. Here I suggest that a tab loop "Region" be
definable at a container level.

In both cases the "workarounds" are cumbersome and make the resultant
code look like a 2nd year programmer's hack job. I would think that
Adobe would want a product that attracts business application
developers, not just web designers. When Adobe's folks (I assume that
you are a member of this group) refuse to even look at changes that
would make it easier for someone doing this kind of development to
make professional looking applications, it makes looking into
Silverlight ever so much more attractive. If Microsoft won't pay
attention at least you can blame it on them being so big.

Why don't you run it up the flag pole, take a look at how much time
it would actually take to implement, and see if anyone else would
find it a useful feature befor dismissing it out of hand.

Paul

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Alex Harui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No advantages using non-modal popups, just a way to get what you
want.  I doubt we'll have time to provide more control over tabbing,
especially in a way that sort of works against accessibility rules.

> If you are using ModuleLoader today, you can probably pass the
ModuleLoader to PopUpManager.  There'll probably be some other stuff
that needs to be fixed up, but that's what I'd try first.