Hey guys,

I'm trying to tackle what seems to me to be a pretty trivial problem, but
the amount of documentation available for ADG is, well, not so good :)
Here's what I want to do (I don't want folders, or expanding-collapsing
rows, or little icons or any of that nonsense):

+----------------+
| *Category1*    |
+---------+------+
| Item1   | 7    |
+---------+------+
| Item2   | 3    |
+---------+------+
|         | *10* |
+---------+------+
| *Category2*    |
+---------+------+
| Item3   | 2    |
+---------+------+
| Item4   | 3    |
+---------+------+
|         | *5*  |
+----------------+

* around bold "summary" rows *

Can it be done? How on earth do I do it? It seems there's no way to use
summary rows without flattening your data and using GroupingCollection. I
can't figure out how to make a grouping renderer span multiple columns
without somehow cancelling the rendering of all its child nodes. The
examples in the documentation are woefully simple and inadequate, and the
google only wants to point me towards other people with problems, rather
than people with answers :'(

Any help, or pointers to some good docs or blogs about this stuff much
appreciated!

-Josh

--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/

:: Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
:: 0437 221 380 :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]