I'm connecting my Flex 3 app to a web service that doesn't have a
crossdomain.xml file. I've set up a proxy (php file I got off the web)
to read the WSDL from the web service and this works when I connect to
the service through Flex Builder. When I upload the flex app to my
server, however, the app fails with the security fault when connecting
to the service. Debugging using Charles shows that the app is trying
to GET crossdomain.xml from the web service. It was my understanding
from the flex documentation that using a proxy would negate the
crossdomain.xml requirement. Am I missing something? Also, why would
it work through Builder and not from the server? TIA