Ok, that subject is a bit vague but here's an example of what I mean:

<group id="1">
<name>fred</name>
<name>bob</name>
<name>peter</name>
</group>

Say we have lots of these group elements in an XML document. I want to
select all groups including the names "fred" and "bob", for example. Is it
possible in one e4x expression?

My guess would be: rootXML.group.name.(text() ==
"fred").parent().name.(text() == "bob").parent()

but the parent() part seems to be wrong.

Any ideas???

On a slightly different note...

I notice that rootXML.group.(name == "fred") will only work for a group
containing fred and nothing else. Using rootXML.group.name.(text() ==
"fred") sort of gives me what I want, but I really want the parent()
elements. Of course, I could iterate over the results but I really want to
do this in one expression.