Here is latest code. Still does not work:
public function handleDataChanged(event:ListEvent):void
                {
                        var colName:String = DataGrid
(listData.owner).columns[listData.columnIndex].dataField;
                        data[colName] = selectedItem;
                        DataGrid
(listData.owner).dataProvider.itemUpdated(DataGrid
(listData.owner).selectedItem);
        }
Can you help?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "markgoldin_2000"