I have had this problem before I now use this Combobox by Ben Forta:

http://www.forta.com/blog/index.cfm/2006/11/22/Flex-ComboBox-With-selectedVa
lue-Support

Perhaps take a look.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of markgoldin_2000
Sent: Wednesday, 24 September 2008 11:19 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Combobox does not hold selected item

Here is latest code. Still does not work:
public function handleDataChanged(event:ListEvent):void
{
var colName:String = DataGrid
(listData.owner).columns[listData.columnIndex].dataField;
data[colName] = selectedItem;
DataGrid
(listData.owner).dataProvider.itemUpdated(DataGrid
(listData.owner).selectedItem);
}
Can you help?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ,

Alex Harui <aharui@> wrote:

> > Usually because you need to call itemUpdated on the collection

On Behalf Of markgoldin_2000
> > Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:12 PM
> > To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [flexcoders] Combobox does not hold selected item
> >

> > I have a combobox in dataGrid as a custom renderer. When I select
an
> > item in the combo the datagrid's data property has correct value,
> but
> > combo still shows its initial value. Any idea why?
> >
> > Thanks

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>