----- Original Message -----
From: "George" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:44 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] AIR release build: how to deal with huge assets?

> Hey guys,
>
> The AIR application I'm working with have huge assets, say, big number
> of videos more than two gigabytes. I tried to build a release version
> with everything but failed to install that .air.
>
> Maybe I should make a small .air not includes any assets. After it
> installed by clients, ask them to install external 'contents' zip file
> with all assets?

Why can't the air installer not just install the application and when the
application runs, it can check to see if additional external assets have ben
installed and if not, copy them over to the installation. You shouldn't have
to ask the user to install anything except perhaps put a CD/DVD into a drive
for the transfer.

Paul