Thanks Gregor,

Yeah I planned to have a first run installation process (then leave a
flag in EncryptedLocalStore), and I MUST install those assets into
application directory, as the application have to load
video/images/sounds natively but not with File references.

I need double check the problem you mentioned. It might not a problem
for 'first run' but I have to make sure. Thanks for telling me that.

George

Gregor Kiddie wrote:

> I’ve had similar problems trying to include large (450 meg) sqlite db
> files in .air files.
>
> You’ve had the same idea I did, which was to install the assets
> separately.
>
> Note, that the assets shouldn’t be installed straight into the
> application directory, as one of the Adobe guys (Alex?) mentioned that
> this might stuff up the installer when it determines whether the app
> needs updating.
>
> You could consider that the “first run” of an app starts an assets
> installation process, but you’d have to roll this yourself, I ended up
> not bothering.
>
> Gk.
>
> **Gregor Kiddie**
> Senior Developer
> *INPS*
>
> Tel: 01382 564343
>
> Registered address: The Bread Factory, 1a Broughton Street, London SW8 3QJ
>
> Registered Number: 1788577
>
> Registered in the UK
>
> Visit our Internet Web site at www.inps.co.uk
> <blocked::http://www.inps.co.uk/>
>
> The information in this internet email is confidential and is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in
> it by anyone else is not authorised. Any views or opinions presented
> are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
> of INPS or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended
> recipient please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: