I've been offered as much as $70/hr as a lead on a project. (Project was for a year.)
I think the going rate is $55/hr for "a" flex resource.

Never been offered salary before.

On 7/20/05, Devin Holloway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As a CF developer, I've been recently been putting more serious
thought into becoming a Flex developer. It would be a long time
before the company I work for could move into this direction, if
ever. So I'd have to become a contractor or find a Flex position at
another company.

But I'm curious as to how much a Flex developer should be making. I
realize much of that depends on your skillset, but does their exist
any averages? or possibly some minimums and maximums?

Let's pretend I make around $75K/yr as a full time CF developer. I'm
by no means a Flex guru, with less then a month of learning it. I
would also be seeking a CF position with an emphasis on Flex
development, for, it seems as though I'd have to take a good sized
pay cut if I were to become purely a Flex developer with what little
experience I have... and therefore would need to offer my CFML
skillset as well, to counter the pay cut. Personaly, getting a CF
position with a Flex emphasis and making approximately the same
amount of money would seem like a bargain to me. But would I be short-
changing myself? Would a lack of Flex developers allow a person to be
less competitive and ask for more?

And what would contractor generally charge? I don't see myself
becoming a contractor yet, for I'd rather seek a fulltime position
where I could learn first.