Hello all,

I had been getting reports from users that my widget swf was displaying the
dialog "This content requires Adobe Flash Player 10" but I could not reproduce
it. I run and develop with Flash Player 9 installed. Other users that only had
Flash player 9 installed also could run it without any problems.

This morning I did a few changes to the widget, basically I embedded image
resources at compile time rather than load them over the web at runtime. On the
next debug run after the changes I started seeing the same dialog. I rolled
back the changes but the dialog stays. The only way I was able to get the
dialog to dissapear was to modify the html-template/index.template.html, remove
the 'Flash Player Version Detection' Javascript and have just the embed code
with the proper template tokens.  The index.template.html tokens for
${version_major} ${version_minor} ${version_revision} always output 9 0 124 as
expected. Not sure what criteria the 'Flash Player Version Detection'
javascript is following.

I am building my app using Flex Builder but its a Pure AS3 project, only
Sprites and the Graphic object are used and the SDK is 3.1.

I have distributed the html with the ''Flash Player Version Detection' along
with my widget and I am now wondering how many users are seeing the dialog and
not bothering to run the update.

Is the lesson here not to use the 'Flash Player Version Detection' that ships
with Flex Builder ? or am I running into a bug?

Thanks,

- Ivo