hi,  i know this is probably a simple question- but what's the best way of
adding a (none) label to a combobox.  i have a setter for the dataprovider
where I add an option for (None) in the list, but I don't actually want it
in the dataprovider if that makes sense.  Basically, I want (None) to always
be a selectable item in comboboxes, but I don't actually want to put that
option in the arraycollection combobox dataprovider.  here is the setter for
the combobox dataprovider

public function set segmentList(list:ArrayCollection):void
            {
                _segmentList = list;
                var item:DataSegmentVO = new DataSegmentVO();
                item.dataSegmentID = 0;
                item.dataSegmentName = '(None)';

                if(_segmentList[0].dataSegmentID != 0)
                    _segmentList.addItemAt(item,0);

                dispatchEvent(new Event("segmentsChanged"));
            }

the problem is that same segmentList arraycollection is used in the place I
manage segments, and it puts a (none) option in there and it doesn't make
sense there.

thanks,
derrick anderson