I don't have time to see if ADG overrode this, but for regular DG, you could
call calculateDropIndex

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adrian
Williams
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 2:55 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Identifying which node is the drop target on Grouped ADG

Hi All,

    Having a fun one here...I have two ADG's that each have a list of
individuals, in a hierarchical grouping collection and have drag drop enabled
between the two ADG's.  Basically the grouped ADG on the left shows people
grouped by which project they are in...the one of the right shows people who
haven't been added to any project.  The user is allowed to drag a person from
the unassigned ADG on the right and drop them into a specific group (node) on
the left.

    The challenge I am having is identifying the drop target on the grouped
collection.  Have tried everything from looking at event.currentTarget to
checking the underlying dataprovider for the ADG to even assigning specific
listeners to the "grouped" ADG all to no avail.  I can identify the information
about the individual being moved into the groups via the
dataprovider.selectedItem just fine.

    How in the world do I identify which node of the grouped collection the
person is being dropped into as well as their drop index?

Any help here is appreciated
Adrian