I fixed the resizing-related problems and put the fixed files together for anyone else who wants them:

http://www.virtuit.com.au/FooterDataGrid.zip

Thanks to the folks who contributed to this, and of course to Alex for doing the heavy lifting in the first place. :-)

Guy

On 04/12/2008, at 10:32 AM, Guy Morton wrote:

Mind you, there are some bugs in your code... :-) eg you can't resize the resulting datagrid without causing an error (that one's easily fixed) and triggering alignment problems (that might be harder to fix).

Anyone else here looked at this code and run into these same bugs (and preferably got ideas on how to fix them?)

Guy

On 04/12/2008, at 7:38 AM, Alex Harui wrote:

Sniff. L  What’s wrong with that example?

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Guy Morton
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:59 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Footer row with a DataGrid

Hi people

What is the best way to achieve a footer row in a DataGrid?

I want to be able to set the values in the footer row myself, ie I
don't need it to do any fancy calculations.

I found this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/2008/03/flex_3_datagrid_footers.html

Does anyone have a better idea as to how to proceed?

TIA

Guy