--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, ivo <cervantes_v...@...> wrote:

> I worked on something similar not too long ago and my approach for #1
was to load top-level folders only and only drill inward with a server
call as the user clicks on the expand arrow on individual folders. It
made it appear more responsive for huge structures.

> For #2 you can have each of your nodes be an object with a 'children'
member that is an ArrayCollection of node objects. When
inserting/removing you operate on the children ArrayCollection directly
and the Tree will reflect the change on the next screen update.

This has the advantage that you can cast this to
HierarchicalCollectionView, which makes it really easy to get back from
child to parent.