Thanks, I should be more clear.

The dataProvider would be like a Tree's, so for example an array where some
of the elements are leaves (-> buttons in the bar) and some are arrays (->
dropdown lists in the bar) (no deeper arrays, and no folder names).  I want
the user to be able to choose a single leaf item from the set, either by
clicking one of the buttons or by choosing an item in one of the dropdown
lists.

-A