Thanks for your reply Tracy, no i currently am not using renders in
the grid just a simple two column grid which has a value changed upon
button click and I'm not using Vbox just absolute layout.

the reason i dont care about undo is that the user can
change the value back by just clicking the button again.

i dont see anything that might throw off the grid but i'm going to try
to just put the grid into its own canvas and test it with only a few
items instead of this entire application.