Hello Tracy,
Im experiencing same problem too, added that in my case the data in first
row was repeated in next row when i insert data on database and load all
data in datagrid.(although the list is < 10)

I use remoteobject to save and get all the list of data. When i save the
data and get successful save, I simply call the ListEvent, in the result
handler, for dispatch and update the arraycollection of data.

Im using a renderer to format the display of date. here is the code snippet
in datagrid column and renderer itself:

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Start Time">
                                        <mx:itemRenderer>
                                                <mx:Component>
                                                        <buscomp:DateTime
startDate="{data.startTime}"/>
                                                </mx:Component>
                                        </mx:itemRenderer>
                                </mx:DataGridColumn>

...in the renderer..

<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
creationComplete="formattingDate();" >
        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        [Bindable]
                        public var startDate:Date;
                        [Bindable]
                        public var finalDate:String;

                        public function formattingDate():void
                        {
                                // create a utility that format the date& time
to MM/DD/YY hh:mm:ss
                                this.finalDate = dateformat.format(startDate)+'
'+startDate.getHours()
+':'+startDate.getMinutes();
                        }
                ]]>
        </mx:Script>
        <mx:DateFormatter id="dateformat" formatString="MMM-DD-YYYY"/>
        <mx:Label text="{finalDate}" styleName="myText"/>
</mx:HBox>

...im just wondering why the data in first got duplicated in next row? does
datagrid has some sort of cache? becuase from my previous code (e.g user
listng) the datagrid just work fine everytime i save and get the list of
data.the data i just save was reflected on the datagrid (no duplication).

Thanks a lot.
Cheers.