Hello,

I've been using Flex for a while, but I'm still not complete clear how
I can use AS3 without Flex.  Flex is a great framework, but sometimes
its too heavy and large for certain tasks.

To start, I was trying to do a simple animation using only AS3 as
described here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/creating_animation_as3_print.html

I have FlexBuilder3, and I don't have CS3 or CS4 Professional.  I
opened up FlexBuilder, created a Action Script 3 project, and I
selected to use SDK Flex 3.1 (the only SDKs I had available were Flex
3.1 and Flex 2.0.1 Hotfix 3)

Once my project was created I tried to import classes, but these
packages could not be found:

import fl.transitions.*;
import fl.transitions.easing.*;

Do I need to download a separate SDK to make flash work?  Or, do I
have to buy a whole new application, such as CS4 Professional?