From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Tracy Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:32 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Components don't display properly after
unrelated coding

Try running Project, Clean

Tracy

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Kevin Mulvihill
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 11:59 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Components don't display properly after unrelated
coding

Hi all,

I'm working on an online training project and am using a panel to host
an accordian. Each child area in the accordian contains a tree that I
populate with XML data. The panel serves as a navigation menu.

After I added all the components to the panel and then the code to make
it work, I noticed that the panel no longer looks like it's default two
tone layout. Instead, it's all one color: white. I added some mxml
attributes to round the corners and set alpha, but none of these have
any effect. I changed to a TitleWindow component so the menu would be
movable and it was movable for awhile. When I added code to control
visibility of this navigation menu (it's visibility is toggled on and
off via a Menu button), the component stopped being movable and is now
stuck in one location.

Ordinarily, I'd just say these are buggy components. Why would adding
code to control visibility affect whether or not I can move it around
the screen? But I don't see any posts on this list about these kinds of
obvious bugs, so there must be something I am doing wrong. I'm using
Flex Builder 3 standalone and I've added the XML Buddy plugin. I'm
testing in IE7 because that's what the client uses.

If you want to see this really ugly TitleWindow component, it's at
http://www.suddeninsight.net/WFTW/ <http://www.suddeninsight.net/WFTW/>
... click the Menu button at the bottom left to see the abomination. I'd
be willing to make the source code available if someone wanted to look
at it too.

But I sure do need some help here. I hope one or more of you have seen
these kinds of problems and know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in
advance!
Kevin