I'm stumped. I'm trying to create a singleton class that is also an MXML
class.

<managers:SingletonClass /> creates one instance obviously. But another
class needs to reference this class. So class 2 calls
SingletonClass.getInstance(). It's possible that class 2 will be created
before the MXML SingletonClass instance.

It's ok for me if there is a ghost instance as long as everything works like
it should. As long as the instance that is in the main MXML file is the one
thats in effect.

Also, when debugging this, the id is always an empty string. I'm extending
EventDispatcher.

dorkie dork from singleton-town place