Hi there, I have an mxml component that dispatches an event. Now when
i use the component, the meta data is showing up fine. But when i
assign a handler, flex says that it is a call to a possibly undefined
method. But it is there plain as day. IDeas???

Code snippets below.

DownloadResizeEvent.as - pretty stock custom event:

package elib.event
{

        import flash.events.Event;

        public class DownloadResizeEvent extends Event
        {

                public static const DOWNLOADRESIZE_EVENT:String =
"downloadresizeevent";

                public function DownloadResizeEvent(type:String):void
                {
                        super(type);
                }

                // Override the inherited clone() method.
         override public function clone():Event {
             return new DownloadResizeEvent(type);

now in my component.mxml:

  (in a script block)

<<<snip>>>
import elib.event.*;
<<<//snip>>>

  (in same script block)

<<<snip>>>
//located in a method
dispatchEvent( new Event(DownloadResizeEvent.DOWNLOADRESIZE_EVENT) );

<<<//snip>>>

Then later in my mxml

<<<snip>>>
<mx:Metadata>
        [Event(name="DownloadResizeEvent",
type="elib.event.DownloadResizeEvent")]
</mx:Metadata>
<<<//snip>>>

An now in my other mxml file that has my component.mxml called in it:

main.mxml

  (in my root tag)

<<<snip>>>
xmlns:view="elib.view.components.*"
<<<//snip>>>

  (in a script block)

<<<snip>>>
import elib.event.*;

  (in same script block)
<<<snip>>>
//event handler
private function handler_resize(evt:Event):void {

                }

<<<snip>>>