From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Nate Beck
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:17 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] flex date and timezone

Timezones within Flex (or Flash in general) are a very VERY tricky thing to
pull off.  I've been writing a DateTime proxy object that supports Timezones,
and I now understand why the Flex team hasn't worked with Timezones yet.  They
are a mess.

Is the Timezone daylight savings? What about Arizona... they don't do daylight
savings at all?

So to be completely honest with you.  It's an extremely hard thing to do
especially within the flash player itself.  The best way to get around it is to
build an infastructure that uses java, .NET or some other language which has
already done the work to support timezones, and then build a flex piece that
can work with that.
HTH,
Nate
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Haykel BEN JEMIA