Hello,

I'm brand new to Flex so I'm sure this is a very stupid question, but
hopefully someone will be able to help.

My ultimate goal is to take an xaml file with a musical score and
convert it to flex, but to start with I've hardcoded a score (or
rather some score elements) in an actionscript class and I'm trying
to call it from my main application file. When I debug I can see that
it does get called, however nothing gets drawn on screen. I first did
the hardcoded score in a project on its own, so I know that the score
should be able to be displayed.

Here's the code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
layout="absolute" initialize="initializeHandler()">

        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[

                        import test.DrawNotes;

                        public var myXmlList:XMLList;

                        private function initializeHandler():void
                        {
                                myXmlList = scoreXml.children();

                                // loop through the xml here and call
the relevant functions in DrawNotes

                                var notes:DrawNotes = new DrawNotes();
                        }

                ]]>
        </mx:Script>

        <mx:XML id="scoreXml" source="scoreCanvas.xml" />

</mx:Application>

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Annelie