hi,

For consistency, I always use the core typeof() function.

I have a CoreUtil class with some static constants that hold the strings.

CoreUtil.TYPE_NUMBER; //  string: "number"
CoreUtil.TYPE_UNDEFINED; //  string: "undefined"
etc...

usage:

   if ( typeof( myNumber ) === CoreUtil.TYPE_NUMBER )

   if ( typeof( myNumber ) === CoreUtil.TYPE_UNDEFINED )

of course you could also do something like:

   if ( typeof( myNumber ) === "number" )

But then any typo would make this fail silently on runtime. Using
constants allows you to take advantage of the compile time checking.

I recommend you settle for one and only one way to do type checking /
comparison, as it is a recurrent source of bugs.

Best,
Aldo

On 8/2/05, Simard, Ghislain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That's what I did...but I have this message in my debugger: the variable
> myField is required but was not passed in.  and yes in the Call, I can see
> it as undefined.  Why it is not goinf throughtout my condition??
> Here is the info that I received:
>
> The Call:
> MethodName: "EEWizard3.cf.therRegu_nf.sauvegarde"
> Parameters (object #2)
> .....[0] (object #3)
> ..........modeRegulationTourRefroidissement: (undefined)
>
> The Status:
> tatus (object #2)
> .....code: "Server.Processing"
> function sauvegarde is required but was not passed in."
> .....details: ""
> .....level: "error"
> .....type: ""
> .....rootcause (object #3)
> ..........code: (undefined)
> function sauvegarde is required but was not passed in."
> ..........details: ""
> ..........level: "error"
> ..........type: ""
>
> The code:
> creation.modeRegulationTourRefroidissement =
> modeRegulationTourRefroidissement.selectedData;
> if (modeRegulationTourRefroidissement == undefined){
>         modeRegulationTourRefroidissement.selectedData = 0;
> }else{
>         creation.modeRegulationTourRefroidissement =
> modeRegulationTourRefroidissement.selectedData;
> }
>

> Message in my Debugger:
>

> Ghislain Simard
> Analyst Technique web | Web Technical Analyst
> Ressources Naturelles Canada | 580 Booth Ottawa (Ontario)  K1A 0E4
> Natural Resources Canada | 580 Booth St Ottawa ON  K1A 0E4
> Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 613-947-0582 | télécopieur / facsimile 613-996-9416

::::: Aldo Bucchi :::::
mobile (56) 8 429 8300

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hvg50qh/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123021592/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>