In my Application I have a ViewStack.  The ViewStack has 2 children:
SplashBox and MainBox.  SplashBox has a VBox, which has an Accordion,
which has two children, LoginBox and AccountCreateBox.

In MainBox I trigger a logoutEvent by clicking a button.  Among other
things, I want to clear the fields in LoginBox as a result of this
event.  The only way that I have found to do this is to have an init()
function in LoginBox that is called on creationComplete and looks like
this:

private function init():void{
parent.parent.parent.parent.parent.addEventListener("logoutEvent",clearFields);
}

This seems inelegant and awkward.  If I make any changes in my
structure, I'm going to have to remember to change the init function
as well.

Is there a better way?

TIA!
LG