> http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/skinstyle_3.html
>
> There's no reason you can't call your style "backgroundImage."

Nice link :) I tried to implement code as per the examples in the link
page, but the problem is I can never get an image to show as the
background of a UIComponent! This would let me alter the image based
on different stylesheets which are loaded at runtime.

The way I do it now, I add an HBox to a UIComponent and set that as
the bkg and add the styleName to that. I must be missing something
somewhere to enable a background image on a UIComponent. Again the
reason for using a UIComponent is that it's lighter.

sorry for the rant :(
cheers
erick